Friday, February 17, 2012

The Art of Bouncing Back...

So, I can't resist the temptation and allow the day to go by without saying: " I AM NOT DEFEATED!!"  As a matter of fact, I am a winner and every attempt to smash me or knock me down is rendered VOID and of NO real impact!!  You see, life has a way of bringing you curve balls and the devil has a way of adding his two cents by planting negative seeds to suggest you are a failure.  However, I am here to boldly announce there is absolutely NOTHING that can hold us back IF we believe it!

Last night, I had an personal encounter that changed my life!  Life is full of insightful moments, only if we listen and pay attention!  Why am I so adamant??  Well, I'm tired of seeing people (including myself) suffer internally and even externally because of torment!  Torment is NOT of God, as a matter of fact, it is a nasty plot of the enemy to steal your joy, to rob you of peace and to take your mind!  Life is too precious and there is too much to live for.

So, what is my admonishment today...well, simply put...as LL Cool J would say, " I'm making a COMEBACK!"  Not only am I coming back but I am bouncing back...taking my rightful place and standing in confidence knowing THIS TOO SHALL PASS!  Friends, please know the same in your lives.  Hurtful situations, bad decisions and people with ill motives have LOST their power over me and I encourage you to strip them of their power by determining to STAY IN THE RACE!!  Don't fold, don't compromise and don't be a PUNK!  Stand up, square your backs and FIGHT!!  Look in that mirror and say to yourself: "I am a winner and every disappointment is opportunity for future advancement!"

I'm reminded of a large inflated doll with a bottom base.  When the doll is hit, it goes backward and maybe even to the side, back and forth BUT it's foundation is sturdy enough for it NOT to fall completely to the ground.   And like that inflated doll, we cannot fall to the ground when our foundation is sturdy, when it's secure and when we stand knowing who we are in confidence.  You may have been sucker punch, like I have been BUT the pain will not last forever.  This TOO shall pass!  LOL!!!  I love it!  Put on your gear and speak the words of its' DESTRUCTION AND DEMISE...put it (whatever IT is) to death with the power of your words and then walk on in victory!! You can make it and you are a WINNER!

The Art of bouncing back happens in 4 phases:

1.  Release the negative - whatever happened...LET IT GO!!  Acknowledge it but quickly release it because to hold on TOO long is to compromise your place and to position yourself for a setback.  NOT!  Let it go!
2.  Embracing the positive - believe what is positive.  If you believe better days are coming, better days will!  Reject the thoughts that you are no good and embrace good things - what does the Bible say?  Find inspirational material and SPEAK positive affirmations daily!
3.  Focus on YOU - Do something you've always wanted to do!  Pursue a new hobby, meet somebody new, go out on the date and give that person a chance!  Pamper yourself (this applies to both ladies and men)...pamper yourself...love on YOU. As you do, you will in turn, remain a healthy YOU!
4.  Bounce back and MOVE!!! - And then return to the ring again and HIT life with your best shot of positivity, hope and courage.  Be bold, be courageous and GET IN THERE AGAIN!!  Don't let nothing or no one keep you hindered!  See it for what it is BUT MOVE!  If someone hurt you, return the favor by forgiving them and that will diminish their power over you!  Hahaha!!

I love it! I hope you can benefit from this admonishment today.  I apologize in advance but my eyes are open and I see clearly now the rain is gone. I am raising my voice today, declaring a different standard!  We will live and NOT die! My life is headed in the right direction and SO is yours!!!!

Signing off...

Lending my voice,

Lady J

No comments:

Post a Comment