Saturday, July 27, 2013

ONE DAY AT A TIME

Hello family,

So, today as I am preparing for rehearsal, I am reflecting back on my weight journey.  Maintaining my weight has always been challenging and I really thought I conquered the beast back in 1999, when I lost nearly 125 pounds.  While I am not the size I was back in 1999, I've regained 60 of those pounds back...ugh!  Here I am now, struggling to lose weight again but this time it's different - my body is different (hormones are going crazy), my living conditions are different, my temperament and tenacity are different and it's HARD.   I'm sharing publicly because there is something very therapeutic about being open...being open and honest HELPS me and I am not ashamed.

Here I am AGAIN but the other day, I had an eye-opening experience and I saw the light...  One of my friends challenged me to get on the scale and it pissed me OFF!  It was much easier to feel the extra pounds than to get on the scale and SEE it for yourself.  There's nothing like TRUTH staring you in the face.  Anyway, I accepted the challenge and got on the scale...this year alone, I packed on 15 pounds...this is since my showcase in November.  Ridiculous!!  It dawned on me that I could not approach this journey as I had back in 1999....everything is DIFFERENT.  This time required a deeper understanding, one that would keep me hopeful and motivated even when I want to throw in the towel.  So, it hit me...God spoke to my heart and gently said: "Take it one day at a time; I am here and will lead you...I will be your DAILY provision."  The lights went off and suddenly I released myself from being perfect...  I realize the challenge with losing weight this time is the fact that I am so disciplined in other areas of my life so I despise having to restrict my dietary habits.  Certainly, I should be able to do something without being concerned about the consequences....eating has been my past time...my guilty pleasure.  I felt the calmness and peace of God come over me as I begin to understand that my success in this area will happen...ONE DAY AT A TIME...STEP BY STEP...BIT BY BIT...and now I'm free...  In addition to reading the Bible, I decided to incorporate reading one inspiring story each day...it's a free app on Gateway computers and it's pretty awesome to keep me encouraged.  Lastly, I have adopted this revelation as my new mantra and I will shout it from the mountain top with NO GUILT, CONDEMNATION AND REGRET --- "ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!"

Until next time....

Lending my voice,

Lady J

No comments:

Post a Comment