Monday, June 3, 2013

FLIGHT

Hello family,

So, yesterday I had a life altering experience and I decided to share.  Saturday I flew into Detroit to sing at a wedding and came right back the next day to close the Wiz.  Anyone who knows me intimately knows that while I love traveling, I don't like flying.  Flying is just not my cup of tea and I do it because I have too.  At any rate, when I fly I literally pray over the plane, the pilots and the flight attendants.  Upon entering/boarding the plane, I lay BOTH hands on the plane to dispatch my angels.  Yes, I do it...don't laugh at me!  Being 10,000+ feet in the high is NO joke and I value my life.  Anyway, I've had bad flights in my day BUT yesterday was the WORST FLIGHT ever.  Not sure if you are familiar with the movie "Flight" with Denzel Washington, well it was a great movie and yesterday, can I say the turbulence was SO bad that I really thought the plane was going to crash.  People began to holler on the plane, a couple in front of me begin to cuddle and I began to pray.  In the midst of all of this, the pilot commands the flight attendants to return to their seats immediately and not to get up until further notice - mind you the flight from Detroit to Baltimore is a little over an hour.  In the midst of this heavy turbulence, I hit my head as I had a window seat and several people began to vomit much like the movie Flight.  As I begin to pray, I told the Lord, "look I have purpose on my life and this is not how I expected my end to look".   I heard a quiet voice say, "this is not the way in which your life will end so, relax."  WHAT!?!  Relax, when I am 10,000+ feet in the air and we are dropping several thousand feet at a time...  Long story short, the flight attendants were never able to serve us because we had turbulence the entire time...horrible flight.

What is the point of sharing?  I believe I learning something about how God holds us while in tumultuous seasons and times.  God never promised us that the road would be easy.  As a matter of fact, He lets us know that MANY are the afflictions of the righteous BUT He delivers us out of them all.  You see, I'm a resourceful purpose.  In other words, I'm a producer and I know HOW to make things happen particularly when times are rough and I am faced with a challenge.   One of my favorite saying is, "Where there's a will, there's a way" and I firmly believe that BUT there are times when we cannot do anything about the trouble we face.  Yesterday I faced trouble far beyond my control and anyone else for that matter.   The scripture says God holds (Psalms 139:10) us in HIS hands...For when we are in the hands of the Lord, NO ENEMY can dare pluck us out...while HE may try, he won't succeed.  I'm grateful because talking with my sister helped me realize this truth and perhaps the only way the Lord could get ME to learn THAT lesson was to allow yesterday to happen.

It is clear to me now, it is GOD who holds my future, who determines my life and who allows turbulent winds to come.  Even when storms are raging and winds are blowing, God protects His own...He is in control and in HIM there is no failure.  What's the moral here, we have to learn to TRUST HIM when we can't trace Him especially during tough times.  The other lesson here is that GOD IS IN CONTROL...we can only manipulate so much...He is the only sovereign Lord.

Lending my voice,

Lady J

No comments:

Post a Comment