Sunday, May 19, 2013

SMILE...

So, today is my birthday and I woke up inspired to write. Yesterday, I was just sharing about how cathartic it is for me to write.  I woke up inspired to share my story and I woke up realizing one of the greatest assets I have to offer is my smile.  There are those who say I smile TOO much and then there are those who anticipate a smile from me.  Generally, I keep a smile on my face but lately, the enemy of my soul has tried to robbed me of one of my greatest assets...my smile.  Here's a little poetic piece I decided to write today...

Life for my ain't been no crystal stair and for many, many years a frown is what I'd often wear.
Depressed and weighed down by what others say
Drowning in their opinions, nothing but judgment and heresay
Trials and disappointments diabolically sent to take me off course
Yet for a second, I'm derailed because I forgot God was my source
But today, I woke up, rain all around
Cloudy, seemingly dreary BUT I suddenly begin to SMILE.
I smile because I understand my day has arrived
No more waiting but anticipating the harvest - it's my time.
Keep on smiling, never let anything rob you of your joy
Turn that frown upside down and for THIS robs the enemy of his ploy

Last night, I had an interesting conversation with a gentleman who came to see "the Wiz" and he complimented me on my personality/smile.  I smiled and say thank you.  He proceeded to say, "you seem to have this innate ability to make people laugh."  I nodded and agreed but then I begin to tell him the truth "there were many days I did not smile, I could not smile and once I allowed myself to be free in the arms of God, I've been smiling ever since."  My smile is indeed one of the greatest assets and contributions I could ever offer and even when I do have moments of despair, I strive to muster up a smile.  Why?  Because a smile, YOUR smile has the innate power to DISMISS, to ANNIHILATE and DESTROY the plot of your enemy.  Think about it.  It makes people very uncomfortable when you break out into a smile.  The last two weeks for me have been inundated with challenges designed to ROB me of my smile.  HA!  However, today I woke up....I snapped out of it and remembered "girl, you were born for such a time as this and no matter, show those pearly whites and SMILE!"  So, today as I approach a new day (my birthday), I am reminded to KEEP SMILING...

The pain will not last always and the trouble will soon pass....smile because your new day is here!  Look outside, it's raining, it's pouring and your moment of refreshing is NOW!  So, SMILE....

Until next time....

Lending my voice,

Lady J

3 comments:

  1. Thanks jbird....needed that. Can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep smiling Ms Lady J you are a powerful and wonderful women of God and your faithfulness will not go unrewarded!!! Love you and miss being around you!

    ReplyDelete