Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wings of Forgiveness

This week as I reflect on matters of the heart....this song comes to mind penned by a wonderful underrated artist, Indiaire - "Wings of Forgiveness".  Have you ever thought of forgiveness in terms of wings??  What are wings? In a metaphorical sense, wings is defined as a means of or instrument of flight, travel or PROGRESS....  WOW!  Interesting, right??  Sure, it is...consider this...

So, as many know, I've been on a health/wellness quest...a commitment to a healthier lifestyle and it's been a wonderful experience.  However, I've been at a plateau with my weight for several months now and I've been trying to figure out what I need to do differently.  I've lost nearly 50 pounds and I have a few more to go BUT I am stuck...  Of course, I can increase my workout regimen and starve myself (LOL) but NOT!  However, something / someone (God) began to speak to me about another matter that is directly connected to my weight.  I pride myself on being compassionate, loving and open to others; however, I've been challenged.  This week, I encountered a small physical challenge and when the doctor began to question me about my diet, my lifestyle, etc...I emphatically stated: "I take very good care of myself" but when he left the room, I went into deep thought and begin self-examination - I know but that's who I am so BE QUIET, shhh...listen!!  It's my turn to speak!!  :-) Could this physical challenge be a result of unforgiveness, resentment and anger?  While I've been on this path to physical well-being and the pursuit of destiny, had I been neglecting my emotional health?  Would you agree that TRUE personal wholeness and wellness is all inclusive - spirit, soul and body?  There have been numerous reports released by Doctors to suggest that physical aliments may be a sign or an indicator of impaired emotions. Quite honestly, I'm inclined to agree.  I've been frustrated about my return to MD and it's been a pretty difficult transition (say's Mother Hubert) :-)!  And the truth of the matter is, I've been stressed about it and it's been impacting my health...negatively impacting my body even though I am eating properly....so, what's the moral of this entry?!?!

I decided to commit to a "lifestyle" of forgiveness and I decided to soar on its' wings....  I realize I've been hindered in this season because of deep matters of the heart that I've taken pleasure in holding on too.  CRAZZZZY RIGHT!?!?!  Sure, it is!  However, in order to progress and move forward I must forgive myself and those who have hurt me.  I have to forgive myself of unwise decisions, faltered relationships and repeated cycles.  I am greater than my experience, are you??  My experience doesn't define me, my understanding of who I am does!  Forgiveness is imperative because when I fail to forgive...I hinder, impede my own personal progression. Forgiveness is a personal matter! The real question is this:  Do you really love yourself?   And how much? If you really love yourself, then join me as I refuse to let anyone or any situation negatively impact my space, suck up my energy and snatch my purpose....Soar like an eagle on the wings of forgiveness, take flight and release yourself into the hands of the Creator...the One who has the ultimate plan!  Let the wings of forgiveness be the instrument to guide you to higher heights and greater dimensions...   Take flight, all aboard and FORGIVE.

I believe I can fly....

Lending my voice,

Lady J

1 comment:

  1. Powerful! and very true. Had a brief conversation just yesterday about our ability to love others unconditionally when we can't even do that for ourselves. It is absolutely amazing the impact unforgiveness has on us not only emotionally but physically. And we are powerless to do anything about it until we acknowledge and understand that's what it is. Thanks for the reminder to renew my commitment......

    ReplyDelete